Founded in 1947 and part of the Montupet Group since 1987, Alumalsa is an aluminium die-casting foundry that uses the gravity die-cast method.
The company is approved as a supplier of blank and machined components to the main automotive manufacturers and also machines and carries out component assembly operations upon request from the client.
Alumalsa cooperates with its clients regarding the design, development and optimization of parts, as well as producing prototypes to test technology and cost-saving improvements. Certification services, metrology and highly qualified testing services complete the full product development cycle in the company.
By being part of the Montupet Group, a world leader in aluminium smelting with manufacturing facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Mexico and Spain, Alumalsa is ready to make its products available across all 5 continents with full credibility and safety for its clients.
The company provides its clients with high quality products, with production based on 4 product lines:
• Gas system components, aimed at reducing consumption and emissions, and including compressor casings, intake manifolds, EGR valves, etc.
• Braking system components, including brake master cylinder and brake calipers. Alumalsa is the European leader and benchmark with its products being used by most car manufacturers.
• Agricultural machinery, large-sized parts which improve vehicle performance and help reduce fuel consumption.
• Other components: cylinder-heads, alternator box casings, clutch housings, gearboxes, etc.
• Melting: 160 tons per day
• Casting: 5 automatic carousels and 8 automatic production lines
• Cores: 12 “cold box” machines and 2 “hot box” machines
• Thermal treatment: 50 tons per day
• Machining: 23 machining centers and 10 CNC lathes.
• 2 X-Ray machines.
• 3 3 MMC machines.
• Others: various machines for specific control purposes
FUNCTIONS IN VEHICLE
Structural parts and body
Intake Manifolds / EGR – Valves / Agricultural Machinery Components / Braking Parts: Master Cylinders and Calipers / Turbo Housings / Water-Cooled Housing or Generators / Clutch and Gear Boxes / Cylinder Heads
Spain: 25%. Europe: 67%. Rest: 12%