Fluid thinking TM shapes the mindset of TI Automotive. Global automotive manufacturers turn to TI Automotive for their insight and focus on the development of award-winning fluid storage, carrying and delivery technology in an ever-changing industry. With over 20,000 employees at 130 locations in 29 countries, their strength lies in their ability to creatively meet and exceed the demands of tomorrow’s automobile industry, demands focused on reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions as set out in regulations.
TI Automotive’s major global divisions operate with a unique focus on bringing advanced research and development, production, vehicle integration and manufacturing expertise to their customers. These divisions are: Fluid Carrying Systems (FCS) incl. Powertrain Systems, HVAC Fluid System (HVAC), Pump and Module Systems (P&M) and Tank Systems (Tanks).
Building on nearly 100 years of experience, the TI Automotive Fluid Carrying Systems Division designs and manufactures fluid-carrying systems that meet the complex and demanding assembly requirements as well as design and performance challenges of the automotive industry, including:
• Fuel lines
• Brake lines
• Tank top lines
• ABS/ESP Bundles
• Heated SCR Lines
• Vacuum booster lines
• Brake and fuel bundles
• Exhaust treatment lines
Systems that combine and integrate high-performance materials and components such as:
• Double-wall steel tubing that can be combined with an extensive range of anti-corrosion/anti-abrasive coatings such as NyAI (aluminum and polyamide coating) NyZinc (Zinc and polyamide coating), NyGal (Galfan and polyamide coating), PVF and many others. These tubes can be provided with a polypropylene jacket to provide outstanding abrasion resistance.
• Single-wall steel tubing with the same coating range as double-wall tubing but with the addition of a nickel-coated internal diameter to withstand the corrosive conditions brought on by modern-day fuels.
• Multi-layer nylon tubing with a range of permeation barriers and high-temperature capabilities.
• Easy-to-assemble Quick Connectors that form an integral part of the overall fuel system through the use of spin-welding joints.
• Heated nylon tubes for use in Selective Catalytic Reduction systems for NOx reduction.
FUNCTIONS IN VEHICLE
Structural parts and body